Sunday, January 18, 2009

Come Together


I haven't posted for a couple weeks because there has been so much going on that I needed to wait for things to settle into place.

As with my previous post with the podcasts I am now a transcriber for Hogwarts Radio. Its pretty simple work and only takes up a couple hours a week.

I've also started a temporary position with a company called OfficeMax. Its basically working on phones and helping customers. May sound simple yes but there is actually a lot involved in the job. There's the customer service, the data entry, looking up products and their codes, helping with customer enquiries. Oh and lets not forget returns, credits, resupplies, price quotes. It goes on and on. Us ten temps only got one week of training before been through into the deep end. The permanent staff got three weeks of the same training. I will say that it definitely makes you learn quickly.

Last Tuesday week we made the hard decision to have Boris put to sleep. I know he wasn't in the best of health but I thought we may get another six months or so to spend with him. Still it was for the best that we let him go.

I don't understand the whole eunthenasia debate. We have no problems with kindest to our animals in taking them to be put to sleep when they are suffering but we don't do it for our fellow humans.

Zoe our other dog has definitely been suffering since we lost Boris and has been spending a lot of nights sleeping in my room. I have to admit I find it- pleasant that she looks to me whenever she's displaying emotions whether they be happy, sorrow or playful.

We made the decision that we would get a puppy, not only for our benefit but Zoe's as well. On Monday afternoon we went to a breeder and fell in love with a male German Short-haired pointer. Naturally because we were so taken with him that we decided we had to have him. This morning we got to pick him up from the breeder. He's very playful when awake and keeps chasing Zoe, and playing with balls and play biting everyone. He's also fallen asleep in my lap three times today. I'll be sitting on the floor and he'll come up to me and crawl in my lap, snuggle up and fall fast asleep. We are all very taken with this adorable man and know we will get years of brilliance from him.

No comments: