Thursday, December 11, 2008

You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Well today was quite busy for me. I had a job interview and I've been in and out of the house all day. The morning was quite relaxing. A shower and then listening to music and talking to a Colt online while getting ready for my interview. My interview was for 11.45 and we left the house at 11. We travelled along Eastlink and it only took 20 minutes to get to the place of the recruiting agency in Ringwood. So had a can of coke while waiting for a more appropriate time to walk into the office building. I went in about 10 minutes before my interview just incase I had to sign any registration forms. Then myself, the receptionist and another candidate (for a different position) talking amongst ourselves for a few minutes. I didn't get interviewed until after 12 because the interviewer had a call that he had to take. Once I had my interview it went for about 20 minutes and quite a relaxed interview. I find out if I get a second interview on Monday, the position is only part-time but the hours are consistent and at least it would be a job.

We also went to Cranbourne and Southland's Harris Scarfe which to me is completely pointless. I hate Harris Scarfe with a passion. They are up there as with the very worst stores. They NEVER have what they've advertised and each time that you demand to know why they always come up with the same bullshit excuses and of course this time they lived right up to their reputations.

Oh and last night we bought a copy of The Dark Knight. Everything people said about Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker is true. I just wish I'd seen it in the cinema but I couldn't afford it. Then again I only really go to see movies that I really want to see. I have two movies on the list for next year. Half-Blood Prince and Dorian Gray. I should really read The Picture of Dorian Gray, it has always been a book that has sparked my interest. I make no apologies for been a bookworm. We watched The Dark Knight in our theatre room. Well Lindsay and I mostly. Mum saw a fair bit of it but kept coming and going. One part we viewed 3 times because she kept missing it. Still we were completely set with our fresh popcorn, Linds cans of black citrus smirnoff and the reclining seats reclined all the way.

I finished reading Only The Heart again today, for a book that I had to read for year 12 English I really do enjoy it. I know the title would turn alot of people off but it is anything but a romance novel. Besides people know I don't read that sort of shit! So I have started to read Tales of Beedle the Bard. I am on the first tale and I will finish that when I go to bed in a few minutes. I read the Introduction beforehand and so far I am enjoying it. I have the feeling that this time tomorrow I will be reading Awake In Fright.

No comments: